As we head into the topic of evolution, please do the following for our next class:
- To get some perspective on (cosmic) evolution through a short oral history of the universe, listen to the “What Are The Origins Of The Universe?” TED Radio Hour segment. The rest of the episode has some fantastic perspectives on biological evolution as well.
- Also, watch the PBS Space Time video below
Then read one of the following
- Biology by Raven 20.1, 20.3, 20.4 (20.2 optional)
- EO Wilson’s Life on Earth chapter 3
- OpenStax Biology 18.1 and part of 18.2 (adaptive radiation).