- Of the molecules we’ve seen in chapter 3, what kind of molecule is an “omega-3”? The structure of an “omega-3” is shown below, in case that’s helpful.
- Is the contents of the capsule shown solid or liquid at room temperature? Why?
- Is an “omega-3” soluble in water?
- Where in the body is it found after some after ingestion? Why does that make sense based on what you know about the kind of molecule it is?
- What kind of molecule is this?
- Is it saturated or unsaturated? How can you tell?
- Why might it allow or help margarine to be (more) solid at room temperature?